Business owners who want to live in Australia and have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuously maintain an ownership interest and participate in the daily management of their business can apply for the business talent visa (subclass 132)
The Business Talent Visa (132) is a permanent visa designed for applicants who would like to establish a new business or expand their existing business in Australia with the Subclass 132 visa.
This requires business owners and entrepreneurs to be state-nominated for them to be eligible to apply for the permanent residence visa
To be eligible for Significant Business History Stream, an applicant (or the applicant and their partner combined) must have all of the following:
· You are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government
· You have been invited to apply through the SkillSelect system
· You are under 55 years of age, unless the nominating state or territory government certifies that the proposed business activity is of exceptional economic benefit.
· You have an overall successful business career with no involvement in unacceptable business
· You have a genuine and realistic commitment after entry into Australia to either establish a new business or to participate in an existing business, and to maintain substantial ownership interest, and be involved in the day to day management of the business.
· net assets of at least AUD400 000 (in a qualifying business) in at least 2 of the four fiscal years immediately before they are invited to apply
· total assets of at least AUD1.5 million that can be legally transferred to Australia within two years of the visa being granted
· a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million (in one or more of their main businesses) in at least 2 of the four fiscal years immediately before they are invited to apply
· ownership of at least:
· 51 percent of a business with a turnover of less than AUD400 000 per annum, or
· 30 percent of business with a turnover of more than AUD400 000 per annum, or
· 10 percent of a publicly-listed company
· Meet health and character requirements. This also applies to family members, whether or not they are included in your application.
1. Check the Department of Home Affairs visa conditions to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria
2. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for state nomination in Australia and read the State application terms and conditions
3. Lodge an expression of interest (EOI) on the Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect website and keep note of the reference number for your state nomination application
4. Submit an online application for state nomination.
5. If you are approved for state nomination, you will receive an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs asking you to lodge your visa application within 60 days of nomination.
6. Prepare the necessary documents for the Subclass 132 Visa along with your application, in order to prove the claims made.
7. When you apply, you must have all documents ready as well as the visa application fee, which can be paid by credit card. When you have prepared everything, lodge your application online
8. It can take several months for the DHA to make a decision on your visa application, so wait for a decision
The visa costs AUD7,855 for the main applicant. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
· additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD3,930
· additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,960
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.