To apply for a Tourist Visa for Canada, you will also have to submit some documents, as follows:
· Standard requirements for Canada visa.
· Canada Tourist Visa Application Form.
· Your bank or other financial statements to prove you have enough funds for the trip to Canada.
· A travel itinerary of the places you plan to visit in Canada or if you have already booked your air tickets.
· A Canada visa letter of invitation from your family or friends if you are visiting them.
· Proof of the relationship if you are visiting your family.
· The immigration statuses of your family or friends if you are visiting them.
· Bank statements or other financial statements of your friends or family if you are visiting them.
· A Declaration Letter from you to the Government of Canada where you explain why they should give you a Tourist visa.
· Two photos that meet the Canada Photo Requirements.
· Your employment or education status through a resume or diplomas, as well as a letter from your employer stating that you have contractual obligations to fulfill and you must return to your home country.
· Proof that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your visit is over, such as a lease, property deed, and so on.
· Proof that you do not plan to work or study in Canada.
· Court documents that prove you have a clean criminal history.
The application for Temporary Resident Visa has a set of steps that applicants must follow. There are two ways you can apply for the TRV:
· Online application;
· Application in-person;
Since most application processes are being digitized, it is recommended that you try and apply online if it is possible. However, even if you apply online, if the Consulate requires an interview or your biometrics, you will have to show up in person. If you apply in-person, then you will have to visit the Consulate multiple times to complete the whole process.
The steps for applying for a Canada visitor visa are explained below:
1. Confirm your eligibility for the Canada visitor visa.
2. Complete the documents required for a Canada tourist visa.
3. Submit the Canada Tourist Visa Application form.
4. Wait for processing and respond to additional requests for information.
5. Send your passport for stamping.
1. Go online to check your eligibility
First, you must confirm your eligibility for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada
You must go to the Government of Canada website to the Immigration tab. Click on that tab and then click on Visit. When you get to the page, you will see a link called “Find out if you need a visa”. Click on that link and you will be directed to a survey.
You must answer the questions truthfully and select the reason for your visit. The questionnaire will analyze your answers and determine whether you need a Temporary Resident visa, whether you are eligible, or if you only need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
If you are eligible for a Temporary Visitor Visa, then the page will direct you to the instructions on how to apply. You can apply online or in-person and with the increasing digitalization of visa applications, it is much easier if you apply online. Answer a few more questions on the “Determine your eligibility and apply online” survey and you will be given a reference code and a checklist of what you have to do to apply.
2. Create an account
You must save the reference code and then open an account in the same Government of Canada website. You can either open the account through your bank account details or use a Government of Canada login (GCKey). Once you login, you can start your application.
3. Submit the Application
Use your reference code to access your answers to the questionnaire and the forms you need to fill out.
4. Wait for processing and respond to additional requests for information
Once you submit your application, it will take around 5 days for it to show up on your account. During the next few weeks, the Canadian Consulate will process the application. If they see it necessary, they will invite you for a visa interview and/or to give your biometric information.
If that happens, you must attend the interview at the scheduled time and respond to all the questions truthfully.
5. Send your passport for stamping
Once your Canada Temporary Resident visa is approved, the notification will show up on your online account or the Embassy will let you know once you complete the interview. The next step is to then submit your passport for stamping and processing.
If you have completed all the procedures online, then the Embassy will send you an email with instructions on where to mail your passport. You must mail the passport and the processing fees, as well as pay for a return envelope. If you are at the Embassy in person, then you will pay the fees there and give the Consular Officer your passport.
The Consulate will process your passport, stamp it, and return to you. If they mail it back, it will take a few days to arrive, but from that point forward, you can start making your travel arrangements for your visit to Canada.
The application fee per person for a Canada Visitor Visa is CAD$100. If you also have to submit the biometrics, that will cost you an additional CAD$85. So together, the whole cost of just applying for this visa is CAD$185.
In addition to this, you will also have to pay for the passport processing which will cost around CAD$45.
The Canada visitor visa processing time ranges from 8 to 40 days. However, the processing time is different depending on the country you live in. So, you will have to wait around 1 month for your Visitor Visa to be processed.
Applying for extension
There are two ways you can apply to extend your visa for Canada: online and on paper
To apply online, you must have an account on the IRCC website. You will also need to visit IRCC’s website to read the instructions guide for extending a visa. You have to scan your documents to create electronic copies, which you can submit on the online application tool.
Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
You will also need a valid credit/debit card to pay your fees.
First, you have to download the application package available on IRCC’s website. It includes document checklists, application forms, and application guidelines.
You have to read the application guidelines, provide all the necessary documentation. You need to print the application forms that are on the application package and sign and date them where required. You must attach all the required documents and fees to the completed application.
Then, you have to mail this application to the address stated on the application package and pay for the fees.
· Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM 5708)
· Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)
· Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475)
· Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) (If applicable)
· Payment receipts
· Photocopies of passport pages. They must include:
o Name and birthdate
o The passport number
o Date of expiry
o The stamp of your most recent entry into Canada
o All other marked pages
· If you did not enter with a passport: Photocopies of your other travel or identity documents. This could be an alien registration card, birth certificate, citizen certificate etc.
· If applicable: Photocopy of your current immigration document.
· If applicable: Marriage certificate.
· Proof of sufficient financial means.