A free electronic Australian visitor’s visa for the select few

2020-03-16 18:05:56
A free electronic Australian visitor’s visa for the select few
The choices for travelling Australia are as diverse as the country itself. As are your visa options. If you’re from an eligible country, you could very well be the owner of an eVisitor visa that grants you access to Australia’s wonders and marvels. The best thing about it is it is free. Read more to see if you qualify

An eVisitor visa for Australia (Subclass 651) is a free electronic document that grants entry in Australia to all those travellers who qualify for it. Basically, this document replaces the traditional consular visa and spares its holder of going to an embassy to apply for it.


The eVisitor visa is a free visa, which allows individuals to visit Australia for business visitor purposes and stay in Australia for up to 3 months at a time within the 12-month time frame.


You’ll be able to visit family or friends, cruise or have a holiday, undertake business visitor activities and study or train for up to 3 months, in some circumstances


For business visitor, you can:


· make general business or employment enquiries

· investigate, negotiate, enter into or review a business contract

· conduct activities as part of an official government visit

· take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. The organisers can't pay you to take part


You can't:


· work for or provide services to a business or organisation based in Australia

· sell goods or services directly to the public


If you want to do short-term work in Australia that isn't a business visitor activity, consider applying for a temporary work visa.



Unfortunately, not everyone is eligible for an Australia eVisitor visa (Subclass 651). Only citizens from certain countries can apply and you must apply from outside Australia


Applicants will also have to meet the requirements listed below to be eligible for this visa


· Have an eligible passport from the countries listed above

· Meet our health and character requirement

· Pay your debts to the Australian Government

· Be a genuine visitor

· Have enough money


Have an eligible passport

Applicants who are carrying a passport from one of these countries listed below are eligible to apply for this visitor visa


The following countries that can apply online for the eVisitor visa 65 are:


· Austria

· Belgium

· Bulgaria

· Croatia

· Cyprus

· Czech Republic

· Denmark

· Estonia

· Finland

· France

· Germany

· Greece

· Hungary

· Iceland

· Ireland

· Italy

· Latvia

· Liechtenstein

· Lithuania

· Luxembourg

· Malta

· Monaco

· The Netherlands

· Norway

· Poland

· Portugal

· Romania

· Republic of San Marino

· Slovak Republic

· Slovenia

· Spain

· Sweden

· Switzerland

· United Kingdom – British Citizen

· Vatican City


You cannot apply with:


· a non-citizen passport, certificate of identity or other travel documents

· a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport


Character requirement

If you have a criminal conviction in any country, apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) instead. If you arrive in Australia on an eVisitor with a criminal conviction, you might be refused entry.



If you or any family members (including those who don't apply for the visa with you) owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.


Genuine visitor

You must only intend to:


· stay temporarily in Australia

· obey any condition and stay period attached to your visa


Enough funds

You must have enough money to:


· support yourself while you are in Australia

· leave Australia at the end of your stay



You can't stay in Australia longer by extending this visa. You must apply for another visa.


If you want to have a further short stay or stay longer for a holiday you might be eligible for a Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream (apply in Australia).



You can't include family members in your application. A separate application must be made for each member of your family, including those listed on your passport.


View More
Relative articles
Collect Share